Monday, September 8, 2008

09-08-08 is the big day


It was a rough night sleeping and it felt like the night before Christmas or the night before you left for a long anticipated vacation. Aubry and I both tossed and turned and took turns sleeping. We set the alarm for 4:45 and it was just enough time to get ready and be to the hospital by 5:30 a.m. We got here in great time and it was nice to drive Foothill Dr with hardly any traffic. As we got here and checked in they monitored the babies for about an hour as they prepared us for the next few hours and first moments of our boys lives. At 7:30 a.m. they gave Aubry a Spinal block and with a team of Doctors, Nurses and Anesthesiologists (thanks to spell check) we headed for the O.R. and the greatest miracle of all time presented itself. Aubry was very calm throughout the procedure but by the look in her face you could tell she was nervous and anxious for what was going to happen over the next few minutes. The babies came one by one, first Baby A at 7:59 a.m., then Baby B at 8:00 and Baby C took his time and came at 8:01. It was amazing to see the team of skilled doctors and nurses instantly grab the babies and immediately start caring for them as they welcomed them into this world. It wasn't long and I had 1 baby in my arms and then 2. It was amazing to hold them both and it was truly a surreal experience. Then the third baby got handed to me and it set in, I had my hands full and we were embarking on the Wildest Ride of our lives, but it also was so incredible and a big piece and glimpse of heaven as i got to hold my boys for the very first time all together.

10 comments:

B and J said...

So amazing! I'm so happy for you're little family! Congrats!

Jake said...

thanks

Heidi Wing said...

Hey Jake and Aubs... this is heidi! CONGRATS!! I am so happy for the 2 of you! Your little boys are adorable! Im so glad all went well!!!

Rick and Angie said...

Congrats! We leave tomorrow - but I am in SLC today - so I will stop by the hospital sometime! Congrats on the exciting news! Glad to hear they are all here healthy and beautiful!

MBurt said...

Wow, I pretty much have the chills right now and want to cry because of the miracle you have been blessed with. Not only that you have 3 beautiful healthy little boys but that is after you thought Kenlee might be an only child. Far from! How incredible. I am so happy for you. Thanks for all the pictures. I can only tell them apart when their hats are off and I can see their differnt hair. Do you get to take them all home? How much did they weigh. Which one got which name? So many questions I have. Ultimately congrats. Way to go Aubry! I am proud of you!

Faraone Family said...

WOW, I am a teary mess now after reading that sweet post. What a beautiful miracle. Congrats you guys!!! I am so excited for you. You guys are amazing parents. I can’t wait to see them someday.

Oma said...

Aubry and Jake, we are so thrilled for you. WOW! What a miracle to have them all here safe and sound. We can't wait to come and see them. hugs to all, Aunt Treena and gang.

Alicia said...

Absolutely amazing! All of it. I am amazed by Aubry that she was able to keep those babies growing inside of her as long as she did. I am amazed that you (Jake) sound just so excited and ready for this. I am so thrilled for all of you that your little baby boys are finally here healthy and happy! Congratulations and good luck!! We certainly would love to help with whatever we can.

Clair said...

We are so thrilled for you guys and am looking forward to lots of playdates with Kenlee in the next few weeks, months, and years :) It is so great. I am happy to hear that mom and babies are all doing great- you too Dad! Congrats! Love Clair and Matt and kids

The Van Leeuwen Family said...

CONGRATS!! Love the pic of you & your 3 baby boys. We are so happy they're here and that everything went well. Hopefully Aubs has a speedy recovery & that you get to bring those little bundles home soon.
Love you guys & can't wait to meet the little ones!